[Scribus] Cannot find freetype2

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Aug 22 13:10:47 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 00:39, Sagara Wijetunga wrote:

> It seems either configure script is broken or freetype
> 2.1.9 is broken.

I have also had the problem you describe. I made sure the that the
freetype include dir was in C_INCLUDE_PATH, the library dir was in
LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH was set to include the
freetype lib/pkgconfig dir, and the PATH was set to include
freetype-config. Configure still insisted on using the copy of freetype
in /usr .

I also tried setting CFLAGS to include "-L/path/to/new/freetype libs
-I/path/to/new/freetype/includes" - again with no luck.

My updated freetype was installed in ${HOME}/libs/freetype-2.1/ and was
built from latest freetype sources. config.log gave no indication of why
freetype was being used from /usr instead.

--
Craig Ringer