[Scribus] Simple question on woody installation

Malte Cornils malte
Mon Aug 9 12:55:19 CEST 2004

Hello,

Am Montag, 9. August 2004 03:11 schrieb Steve Jacobs:
> Haines Brown wrote:
> >   libc6 >=2.3.2.ds1-4, but 2.2.5-11.5 is to be installed.
>
> I'm running a recent Debian/unstable distro and it has everything
> Scribus needs, but I'd guess there will be a whole bunch of stuff to
> upgrade before Scribus will compile on Woody.

Oh yes. You will eventually need gcc-3.x and a modern libqt3, which conflicts
with the qt3 you use for woody qt apps (since it's a C++ library). At that
point, you can as well use testing/unstable :-))

If you want to remain on stable, I'd recommend getting the gcc-3.x backport
from Adrian Bunk, compiling libqt3 from trolltech with that compiler and then
scribus with all the libs. Scribus needs some updated C libs which just need
a compile.

This should eventually work (it did for me).

Good luck,
-Malte

PS: there is hope that sarge will become stable in the not-too-distant
future ;)