[Scribus] Text editing difficulties

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Apr 20 18:44:16 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 18:33, Ralf H?ling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to use Scribus installed by Fink on Mac OS 10.3.3 with Apple X11.
> After managing to get some fonts working I now have problems editing
> and formatting text:
> For example I create a new Textframe, choose the Text-tool or however
> you call it, and type in some text. No problem so far. Then I want to
> mark part of the text and change the font. Thats also possible but
> after doing some changes at some point it's no longer possible to move
> the marker (? Einf?gemarke) with the arrow-keys and to type in text.
> The only thing I can do is to use the story editor, but then the font
> is resetted to the default-font.
> Is it a bug or a feature? What am I doing wrong?
> Sorry for my bad english

Its a bug, and we think its gone now. If it was caused by pressing the
tab key,its fixed in CVS as it was fixed 14/04/04.

> PS: Is it really necessary to have those MS-Windows-like close- and
> fullscreen-buttons?

They arent Windows like.. they are a generic feature of windowing
systems these days. They are goverened by Qt anyway, or the theme you
apply to Qt. Perhaps qtconfig within Fink can help?

Craig