[Scribus] formatting text...

Craig Bradney cbradney
Fri Apr 9 17:01:57 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 16:43, Jeff Lasman wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting a handle on text formatting.
>
> I'm using 1.1.5 rpm for RHL on RHL9, and Scot Blades quick start guide.
>
> I still can't figure out how to format text within a frame.
>
> Scot says (on page 2) that I can edit text using the Style menu, but I
> find that it's greyed out when I try to work on a word-by-word basis.
>
> How do I change type sizes within a frame, for example to have subheads?
> Or do I need a new text frame for each font change?
>
> Same question for italic or boldfacing for emphasis. Surely I don't have
> to create a new frame for an italicized word, but so far I haven't been
> able to figure out any other way to do it.
>
> I really want to use Scribus; I'm just having problems getting started.

Right click on your text frame or go tools menu and show the Properties
palette.

Just select the text and change the properties.

You wont need new frames for any of the above. Note though, at this
point, you cant use Styles or Story Editor if you wish to mix
fonts/effects within one paragraph.

See if you can update to 1.1.6 too.

Craig