[Scribus] formatting text...

Jeff Lasman blists
Fri Apr 9 16:43:53 CEST 2004

I'm having trouble getting a handle on text formatting.

I'm using 1.1.5 rpm for RHL on RHL9, and Scot Blades quick start guide.

I still can't figure out how to format text within a frame.

Scot says (on page 2) that I can edit text using the Style menu, but I
find that it's greyed out when I try to work on a word-by-word basis.

How do I change type sizes within a frame, for example to have subheads?
Or do I need a new text frame for each font change?

Same question for italic or boldfacing for emphasis. Surely I don't have
to create a new frame for an italicized word, but so far I haven't been
able to figure out any other way to do it.

I really want to use Scribus; I'm just having problems getting started.

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation