[Scribus] changing text in a text box - and a bug

ruth moulton ruth
Tue Apr 6 22:40:18 CEST 2004

  hi,

i'm using 1.1.6 on suse 8

when i have imported some text into a box i'm going to want to change the
style of some of the words, maybe for a different colour, maybe to make it
italic or bold or even to use mixed fonts within one piece of text, i can't
see how to do this ? - when i've selected some words in the text box the
style menu item is greyed out so i can't use it.

using style in story editor seems to have no effect

the only way to make changes seems to be for the whole text box at once.

i can see that i could fiddle around with multiple text boxes, inserting them
for the words i want to be different, but that seems a cumbersome way to do
things

 could some one give me some help ? - thanks

and a bug:

i started a new document, made three text frames - two for columns on page
one, the third on page 2. linked them all together. imported some text at
point size 12. selected the frames and changed the size to 10 using 'style'.
The result was that the start of each frame went into point 10, but the last
3rd or so stayed at point 12. I hand edited the .sla file to get what i
wanted, but i think this is a bug ?

thanks for any help offered
ruth