[Scribus] Installing Scribus on OSX

Mardigrafe - Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Mon Apr 5 18:56:57 CEST 2004

Hello again,

I have installed Fink and FinkCommander on Mac OX X Panther (10.3)
I cannot install Qt. I get this message after selecting Qt -> Source -> Install
The program downloads a lot of files and at the end I get this message:
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.
### execution of ./configure failed, exit code 1
Failed: compiling dlcompat-20030629-15 failed

Also, there are quite a few Qt. I picked the first one.

qt3
qt3-bin
qt3-designer
qt3-dev
qt3-doc
qt3-linguist
qt3-shlibs

Do I need to install Developer Tools (from the original Apple CD)?

I have downloaded Scribus 1.1.6 successfully but I can't see it in
the FinkCommander window.

Anyway, as I said, I am by no mean a programmer! But I feel
comfortable entering command lines as long as the steps are easy to
follow!

Thank you in advance!

Louis
--