[Scribus] Installing Scribus on OSX

Martin Costabel costabel
Mon Apr 5 21:29:42 CEST 2004

Mardigrafe - Louis Desjardins wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I have installed Fink and FinkCommander on Mac OX X Panther (10.3)
> I cannot install Qt. I get this message after selecting Qt -> Source ->
> Install
> The program downloads a lot of files and at the end I get this message:
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

"Installing from source" in Fink means that you download the sources and
compile them yourself (or rather, Fink does this for you). Of course,for
compiling you need a compiler. So, yes, you need to install the
developer tools from the Xcode CD.

OTOH, scribus-1.1.5 and all its required libraries exist in the binary
distribution. Just choose the binary installation in FinkCommander, or
at the command line say "sudo apt-get install scribus". Then no compiler
is necessary, because the precompiled binaries will just be downloaded
and installed. This assumes, of course, that your Fink installation and
your package list are up-to-date.
[]
> Also, there are quite a few Qt. I picked the first one.

Don't do this if you don't know what you are doing. Just install
scribus, it will install all the prerequisites automatically.

--
Martin