[Scribus] Speed and font issues

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Apr 5 17:32:27 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 17:22, igzebedze wrote:
> > Basically, Scribus seems to run quite slowly when editing
> text. It's
> > fairly
> > easy to see simply entering text - the display lags behind
> the keyboard
> > entry
> > and the CPU usage increases, up to 100% if the lag gets
> serious (i.e. I
> > enter
> > lots of text by e.g. pasting lots). Does anyone know how to
> deal with
> > this?
>
> i was asking the same thing about scribus on my rh9, but noone
> replyed.. not only entering text, the scrolling of the page is
> laged also... i fixed it a bit (but only a bit) by recompiling
> with -march ... are there any other swithes i can use when
> compiling?

Wouldnt you always use -march anyway?

Everything runs fine here, with no significant delays on:
Duron 900 (-march=athlon -Os)
PIII 733 (-march=i686 -O2)
Athlon 2600+ (-march=athlon-xp -O2)
P4 2.66 (-march=pentium4 -O2)

Scrolling can lag a bit depending on whats on the page but text entry is
usually always snappy, especially with the 1.1.6 (and CVS before and
after 1.1.6)

Craig