[Scribus] Help file not same version as download?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Apr 4 20:09:01 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 19:58, Jeff Lasman wrote:
> On Sunday 04 April 2004 01:32 am, Craig Bradney wrote:
>
> > > I *really* recommend you download the latest available version
> > > which is 1.1.6
> > >
> > > It is far superior than the stable version, and also, it is very
> > > stable despite its development number
> >
> > And CVS is even better... and just as stable.
>
> I'll probably download one or the other of these when I set up the
> Knoppix system; I'm looking at doing that shortly.
>
> But... should I want to update now, do I just do a reinstall, or do I
> have to go through some special procedure to update?

There are RH9 RPMS on www.scribus.net in the download section. Depends
on other versions of things tho.
libart
gcc
etc

http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/scribus/documentation/index-2.html#ss2.2

> > As for the docs.. please be patient they are undergoing a major
> > rewrite. Some of it is ready but not online, some of it will be ready
> > soon.
>
> I don't mind doing that, nor do I mind being involved with them as time
> permits, but I still don't have an answer to my questions, which
> remain:
>
> How do I get to the Styles and Measurement Palette?

Tools menu, Show Properties or Show Measurements on a really old
version, or right click on an object and Show Properties. It changed to
be called Properties in 1.1.0.

> and
>
> How do I apply a paragraph style to text or to a textbox?

Bottom of the Measurements palette theres a listbox of styles. Its
easier with Story Editor in 1.1.x

Craig