[Scribus] Page Templates

Carol Kankelborg cckborg1
Thu Sep 18 21:23:03 CEST 2003

At 11:11 -0400 9/17/03, Patrick wrote:
>The whole template thing had me completely confused as well or at least
>until Peter, or was that Paul, sent me some examples to explain the
>Scribus way of templates.  Let's see if I can clarify a bit.  In
>Scribus, a template is a page with permanent items affixed to it.  A
>logo, a box with text in it that you use all the time, etc.  From that
>page, you add the other things you would like to finish a page layout,
>but cannot change what is already on the page.

Is this a change from previous versions, namely 0.4.8?  The tutorial
translated by
Franz Schmid has you set up a template with text boxes set where you want them,
but whose content varies from page to page after you've applied the template.

Is there an easy way to set up the size and shape of your text boxes
that you will use
across several pages and apply them all at once instead of setting
each page up manually?