[Scribus] Page Templates

Bill Carini crisbill
Thu Sep 18 04:56:02 CEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:09:49PM -0400, Wesley T Allen wrote:

>        2. I've got a bunch of fonts that aren't showing up in Scribus, even
> though other fonts in the same directory do show up.  Any way to force
> scribus to use all my fonts?

Find out how to make fonts.scale and fonts.dir files for your font directory,
and how to generate .afm files for your fonts. If you are using Debian I can
tell you how to do this. Some have suggested that installing your fonts with
KFontinstaller is a convenient way to do these things.

>      3. Whem I'm drawing a line, is there any way to make sure it stays
> directly horizontal/vertical?  Doing it manually takes a lot of time...

Draw your line and right click on it to bring up the contextual menu. Select
Modify and change the angle to 0 degrees to make it horizontal or 90 degrees
for vertical.

--Bill

This email was brought to you by the Mutt E-Mail Client (www.mutt.org)
and Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)