[Scribus] business cards

Scott Chapman scott_list
Mon Sep 15 16:21:56 CEST 2003

On Sunday 14 September 2003 23:17, Linus Gasser wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2003 09:25, ephemeron wrote:
> > The main application of this feature is the production of labels
> > and as a side benefit, business cards.  To produce a printout of,
> > say, twenty business cards all you need is to lay out one card.
> > At print time you can then specify that you want to print out two
> > sheets (2 sheets x 10 cards per page).
> >
> > Would it be possible to have a similar feature in Scribus?
>
> Yes, please, include this into scribus. This is something I tried to
> describe half a year ago and nobody understood me :( So now perhaps it's
> more clear...

I like the way PageMaker allows me to do copy and multiple paste.  I used that
constantly in production to make it so I lay up one business card, then copy
and paste at X copies at Y distance down and then copy those and paste it in
as X copies at Y distance over.  Very effective for labels and lots of other
stuff also.

Scott