[Scribus] business cards

Sjoerd Hiemstra shiems.scribusML
Mon Sep 15 15:49:41 CEST 2003

Linus Gasser wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2003 09:25, ephemeron wrote:
> > The main application of this feature is the production of labels
> > and as a side benefit, business cards.  To produce a printout of,
> > say, twenty business cards all you need is to lay out one card.
> > At print time you can then specify that you want to print out two
> > sheets (2 sheets x 10 cards per page).
> >
> > Would it be possible to have a similar feature in Scribus?
>
> Yes, please, include this into scribus. This is something I tried to
> describe half a year ago and nobody understood me :( So now perhaps
> it's more clear...

To me, it seems so easy to make these cards already.
Draw a rectangle (black line, white fill) with position and size of left
upper card.
Create your card inside this rectangle.
Delete rectangle, select everything else, and with

    Item > Multiple Duplicate

(horizontally, then vertically) your sheet is filled with the cards at
precisely the right position, in no time.

(Instead of a rectangle, you could make use of guides.)

S.H.