[Scribus] fonts.dir and fonts.scale

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Fri Sep 12 23:42:10 CEST 2003

ephemeron wrote:
> Inasmuch as Scribus is the only program I have that explictly
> requires the presence of such files, my wishlist request is:
>
> Would it be possible for Scribus itself to create these two
> files?  To make this user configurable option, the fonts (which
> are likelty to be installed as root) could be symlinked in a
> Scribus ~/.scribus/fonts/ directory.  Here fonts.dir and
> fonts.scale could be created without becoming root.
Creating these files is surely not the task for Scribus, there are
fine tools out there to do this. But in the future there will be no
more need for these files for Scribus. Thanks to freetype Scribus
can get all the information in these files from the fonts itself.

The only thing Scribus still needs are the locations of the Fonts.
There is also support for Open Type Fonts coming soon.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid