[Scribus] Problems with Scribus 1.1.0

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Thu Sep 11 23:31:21 CEST 2003

Gunnar Wegner wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I have just recently started working with Scribus; I compiled 1.1.0 on my SuSE
 > Pro 8.2 today without any problems.
 >
 > I had, however, several problems when working with the program:
 > *New file(two columns, auto textframes)/insert a page/delete this page ->
 > Scribus crashes; does not happen if file is created without automatic
 > textframes
Confirmed, there is a crash. This makes me have some thoughts about these
automatic Textframes. Is there really a need for that Feature? Your're the first
one reporting that Bug, it seems that this Feature is rarely used. Removing it
would make the Code much cleaner.

 > *Scribus seems not to accept empty spaces or German Umlaute in file/directory
 > names (maybe it is a feature of lunix systems, I have just begun learning)
That's not a Scribus Problem, it's a Problem of Qt and/or Linux.

 > *The "save file" symbol disappears after saving and reappears once I make a
 > change to the file
This is meant to be a visual reminder that there is something new that needs
to be saved. Having a "Save" Button enabled when there is nothing new to save
makes no sense for me.

 > *New file(two columns, auto textframes)/insert three pages of text from .txt
 > file/switch on hyphenation in very first linked frame/same for the second: I
 > cannot use the mouse pointer any longer to position the curser within the
 > second frame; it keeps jumping back to the first position in that frame.
Bug in 1.1.0, is already fixed for 1.1.1

 > I also have two suggestions:
 > *It would be nice to be able to see from the menu entry if hyphenation is on
 > or off (a small dot or check or something similar)
Good Idea, will include it.

 > *When deleting objects, the element browser's tree structure collapses; it
 > would be nicer to leave it as it was and just remove that element.
That issue is on the ToDo List, but that is a more complicated thing as you
might think.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid