[Scribus] Compile Problems w/ Scribus 1.1.0

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Thu Sep 11 21:56:30 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 12:55, Michael Below wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now I followed Linus' advice and added math.h to the #includes in
> svgplugin.cpp. Everything seems to work great! Text entry is very
> usable, and the fonts look _really_ nice.
>
> On Startup, scribus complained:
> QPaintDevice: Cannot destroy paint device that is being painted

This is usually something in your scrapbook which linked to a moved or
deleted file. Save the existing scrapbook if needed and create a new
one. Problem should go away.

> Also I noticed that Scribus somehow ignores my window manager (fvwm)
> which usually allows me to place windows freely. Scribus simply opens up
> a screen-size window on the current workspace.

> Another small issue: On startup, I get an empty window (grey) plus a
> measurements palette. If I move the palette, the contours of the
> palette nearly disappear as soon as they leave the area that has been
> occupied by the palette before, the contours of the window are shown
> in a color very similar to the background color.

Does this happen with other Qt based apps ?

> When moving the Cursor in a text window using the cursor keys, small
> cursor-shape parts of the background are deleted. They re-appear when
> editing the text.
>
> When marking text, the very first character in the region is not shown
> as marked, usually it disappears completely. After un-marking the
> region, everything goes back to normal.

These is known about, but a cosmetic bug yet to be fixed. This very new
code. But these two are cosmetic and do not have stability or
functionality issues.

Hope that helps,
Peter