[Scribus] ANNOUNCE Release of Scribus 1.1.0

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Sep 10 02:59:21 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 17:45, Paul wrote:
> Dear Franz,
>
> > Today I've put the Sources of Scribus-1.1.0 and an updated
> > Version of the Scripting Plugin onto my Website. The Down-
> > load and the Homepage are also updated.
>
> Wonderful news :-)
>
> Have you updated the anoncvs server?
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Hi all,
I would encourage everyone on the list to give the new version a try.
Franz has done a brilliant job rewriting the rendering engine.  Having
tested Franz's CVS code for the last week, I think this is the best
single improvement to Scribus since he ported it to Qt from Python.

The on screen display is now in my opinion, now only matched by Indesign
for pixel perfect accuracy. Moreover, the rendering speed is *much*
faster. Text redraws are almost instantaneous on fast hardware.

Fast enough to simply draw text frames and start typing..

Screen cap: http://home.comcast.net/~scribusdocs/ or

http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/index.html

I am announcing this, as Franz (we hope) has surely gone to bed by now.

Enjoy,
Peter