[Scribus] A request or two

Paul paul
Mon Oct 27 23:17:05 CET 2003

Hi,

> 1. It seams some sort of formatted text input would please a lot of
> people. Is it posible to import RTF or openoffice files? It would be
> smart to choose something that can be created by a lot of different word
> processors.

An OOo importer is being looked at. RTF is a pain as the format for RTF
has never been formalised.

> 2. Can scribus be used from commandline? Someone else requested this a
> while ago. The text file format makes it really easy to create templates
> and modify it from my own programs.

Scribus has very limited commandline functionality. I did play around
with a direct print command and some font commands, but they came to
nothing as the app relies on Qt to do a lot of the donkey work.

> P.S. I installed 1.1.1 and its step up from 1.0.1 and is becoming very
> nice (I think my 1.1 had a bug, it couldnt import eps files [can it be
> because cups-devel wasn't installed?])

Quite possibly, though IIRC eps is handled through ghostscript.

TTFN

Paul

--
One OS to fool them all