[Scribus] wrong directory, wrong units, wrong language

Jeremy C. Reed reed
Tue Oct 21 06:17:43 CEST 2003

> > Get an image in one directory; then save scribus (.sla) document and it
> > will save to the directory for the image (instead of saving it the
> > current working directory or where it was saved previously).
>
> That is a new one to me.

It has happened to me several times. I end up having multiple copies of
same document filename (different revisions) in different directories.

> > Change units to inches (under Edit->Preferences, but the x-pos and y-pos
> > and the guides interface will say "in" but the coordinates will not be
> > inches.
> >
> > This is confusing when you manually setup several guides and then notice
> > that are all wrong.
> >
> > (My workaround was to exit Scribus and restart it; that should not be
> > needed.)
>
> Ditto. I can't replicate this on RH9.

> > I am using Scribus 1.1.1 under NetBSD/i386 1.6.1_STABLE as installed via
> > pkgsrc.

> Which compiler ?

This is GCC 2.95.3 (as bundled with NetBSD). Later, I will try with Linux
and gcc 3.3.1.

> What compiler/configure flags ?

rainier:/usr/pkgsrc/print/scribus$ make show-var VARNAME=CONFIGURE_ARGS
--with-qt-dir=/usr/pkg/qt3  --with-extra-libs=/usr/pkg/lib
--with-extra-includes=/usr/pkg/include --host=i386--netbsdelf
--prefix=/usr/pkg

rainier:/usr/pkgsrc/print/scribus$ make show-var VARNAME=CFLAGS
-O2 -DGLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/X11R6/include

rainier:/usr/pkgsrc/print/scribus$ make show-var VARNAME=LDFLAGS
 -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/qt3/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-Wl,-R/usr/X11R6/lib

(The above is via pkgsrc.)

> What version of Qt ?

$ /usr/pkg/qt3/bin/moc -v
Qt Meta Object Compiler version 26 (Qt 3.1.2)

I have qt3-libs-3.1.2nb2 and qt3-tools-3.1.2nb3 (the nb# is the pkgsrc
revision).

> Thanks for your efforts with packaging. Is there a link we should have
> in the docs for your packages ?

Sorry, I didn't reply to the other email yet.

The NetBSD packages page for scribus is at
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/print/scribus/README.html

(Please note that it is currently the old 0.7.5 version, but the same
webpage will be for updated version too.)

Later, I will have another webpage for the Linux version (also using
pkgsrc to build and package) for my Linux distro.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/