[Scribus] wrong directory, wrong units, wrong language

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Oct 21 06:04:12 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 20:54, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I didn't see anything on the "Development" webpage on where to report
> bugs.

You're at the right place..

> 1) wrong directory
>
> Get an image in one directory; then save scribus (.sla) document and it
> will save to the directory for the image (instead of saving it the
> current working directory or where it was saved previously).

That is a new one to me.

> 2) wrong units
>
> Change units to inches (under Edit->Preferences, but the x-pos and y-pos
> and the guides interface will say "in" but the coordinates will not be
> inches.
>
> This is confusing when you manually setup several guides and then notice
> that are all wrong.
>
> (My workaround was to exit Scribus and restart it; that should not be
> needed.)

Ditto. I can't replicate this on RH9.

> 3) wrong language
>
> I run scribus from default install. Almost everything is in English.
> But Text Properties has Deutsch "Sprache" instead of English "Language"
> label.

Fixed in CVS.

> I am using Scribus 1.1.1 under NetBSD/i386 1.6.1_STABLE as installed via
> pkgsrc.
>
> Scribus is working better and better for me. Thank you to the developers.
>
>    Jeremy C. Reed
>    http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

A few dumb questions:

Which compiler ?

What compiler/configure flags ?

What version of Qt ?

Thanks for your efforts with packaging. Is there a link we should have
in the docs for your packages ?

Regards,
Peter