[Scribus] wrong directory, wrong units, wrong language

Jeremy C. Reed reed
Tue Oct 21 02:54:27 CEST 2003

I didn't see anything on the "Development" webpage on where to report
bugs.

1) wrong directory

Get an image in one directory; then save scribus (.sla) document and it
will save to the directory for the image (instead of saving it the
current working directory or where it was saved previously).

2) wrong units

Change units to inches (under Edit->Preferences, but the x-pos and y-pos
and the guides interface will say "in" but the coordinates will not be
inches.

This is confusing when you manually setup several guides and then notice
that are all wrong.

(My workaround was to exit Scribus and restart it; that should not be
needed.)

3) wrong language

I run scribus from default install. Almost everything is in English.
But Text Properties has Deutsch "Sprache" instead of English "Language"
label.

I am using Scribus 1.1.1 under NetBSD/i386 1.6.1_STABLE as installed via
pkgsrc.

Scribus is working better and better for me. Thank you to the developers.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/