[Scribus] Re: Scribus Nachrichtensammlung, Band 8, Eintrag 1

Martin Costabel costabel
Fri Oct 3 10:04:34 CEST 2003

Sunil Joshi wrote:

> Dear Martin and Peter:
> Thank you for your clarfying answers.  I rebuilt Scribus from scratch,
> and now it recognizes CUPS.  So, I am able to see the Landscape printing
> offered in the print options.

Good.

> I have noticed though that the print options function is not very
> stable.  Some times it opens the print options panel, and at other times
> it seems to crash the program with a "segmentation fault" error.  I am
> not sure if this is a problem with just my build (even the new build has
> the problem) or its a problem on Macs, or if it is a general problem on
> all platforms.   That said, its a minor irritation that I can live with.

I have seen this, too. There are a couple of situations where scribus
throws segmentation faults, but I haven't seen one (not any more
recently, anyway) where it does it systematically. So this is hard to
debug. It may well be a problem only for Macs, but whether it comes from
a real bug in qt3 or some other library or is caused by some other
difference between darwin and linux, I don't know.

If you can identify a situation where the crash happens systematically,
  we could try to debug it.

--
Martin