[Scribus] Re: Scribus Nachrichtensammlung, Band 8, Eintrag 1

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Fri Oct 3 14:19:33 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 04:04, Martin Costabel wrote:
> Sunil Joshi wrote:
>
> > Dear Martin and Peter:
> > Thank you for your clarfying answers.  I rebuilt Scribus from scratch,
> > and now it recognizes CUPS.  So, I am able to see the Landscape printing
> > offered in the print options.
>
> Good.
>
> > I have noticed though that the print options function is not very
> > stable.  Some times it opens the print options panel, and at other times
> > it seems to crash the program with a "segmentation fault" error.  I am
> > not sure if this is a problem with just my build (even the new build has
> > the problem) or its a problem on Macs, or if it is a general problem on
> > all platforms.   That said, its a minor irritation that I can live with.
>
> I have seen this, too. There are a couple of situations where scribus
> throws segmentation faults, but I haven't seen one (not any more
> recently, anyway) where it does it systematically. So this is hard to
> debug. It may well be a problem only for Macs, but whether it comes from
> a real bug in qt3 or some other library or is caused by some other
> difference between darwin and linux, I don't know.
>
> If you can identify a situation where the crash happens systematically,
>   we could try to debug it.

Could be some subtle difference. I have never seen crashes on linux
related to CUPS or printing. Paul is in the midst of adding debugging
symbols, but it is not yet finished.

Thanks again for your help,
Peter