[Scribus] Windows port

Paul paul
Mon Nov 17 01:39:53 CET 2003

Hi,

My employers want an evaluation version of Scribus without the fun of
having to use my Linux box. A number of companies at the Linux Expo
expressed an interest in a Windows version but stated that they didn't
want a Cygwin version, but a native version.

While I detest greatly anything from the bemoth of Redmond USA, if it
brings money into the project (or has a commercial offshoot which
develops the free version and funds it), then that can only benefit the
program.

Remember, Franz and I are 100% committed to the Linux version, but if it
takes very little to get a Windows native version, the we can get more
time on it (work pay for me to do the Windows version, guess who
benefits!!!)

Please also remember that it's my employers who are providing the server
space for both the anoncvs and scribus.org.uk website, so I feel that I
owe them something... that said, I wonder how much 40 hours of unpaid
overtime counts ;-p

TTFN

Paul
--