[Scribus] I don't see color management in Scribus 1.1.2

Alastair Robinson blackfive
Sat Nov 15 14:26:13 CET 2003

Hi Richard,

On Saturday 15 November 2003 11:00 am, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
wrote:

> My real problem is that I not to provide a document to a printing company
> with only a black layer and a Red Pantone layer. The document was crafted
> on Scribus but I'm not sure it can create such kind of bichromic output.

What I do at work in this situation is create my document using black and
magenta instead of black and red; the printing plate will look the same, you
just need to make sure that your printer knows which colour ink to apply!

(If you need images split between black and red, you could try my gimp plugin:
http://www.blackfiveservices.co.uk/separate.shtml
Apart from doing normal RGB->CMYK separation, it can reduce a full-colour
image to those colours achievable with black and red ink, then allows you to
save a CMYK TIFF with the red data in the Magenta channel)

A for Scribus, in the longer term it needs to develop some concept of spot
colours (as opposed to process colours), so that separations can be made for
spot plates as well as CMYK.

While we're on the subject of separations, is there yet any way of specifying
screen frequencies and angles within Scribus?

Manually adding "currentscreen 3 1 roll pop pop 45 150 3 -1 roll setscreen" to
the separated PostScript files soon gets tedious!

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson
Email: blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk

All I want for Christmas is a box of Smurfs and a mallet.