[Scribus] Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Thu Nov 6 08:19:54 CET 2003

Magic Page wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Ok, just got and compiled the last cvs 1.1.3cvs and it compiled nicely.
>  Everything looks good and haven't really tested it much yet, but still
> disappointed that the line problem has not been addressed.  Why are the
> drawn lines set by default to have text flow turned on so that text runs
> around any lines?  The lines should be just objects, dumb objects that
> you put on the page which should not affect anything else by default.
>
> Of course, in earlier versions, you could actually change the settings,
> much like the drawn boxes, if you want text flow to be adjusted around
> the object.  Lines lost that ability somewhere along the updates though.
>  It does make it difficult to build lined forms you know with text.  :o)
You're right, the ability to change the textflow around lines is currently
not available. But for the moment there is an easy solution for your problem,
just use the layers. When I must create docs like yours I always put the lines
on a background layer and the Textboxes in a layer above.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid