[Scribus] Windows version

Craig Ringer craig
Wed Nov 5 10:27:51 CET 2003

> Of course not. I guess the main pint is what was raised yesterday:
> windows-users are used to a setup.exe. They might actually pay several
> hundred dollars for that together with a book if that means they don't have
> to figure out how it should be compiled, etc.

So very true. As the OpenOffice folks have discovered, you actually
often need to charge for something for people to use it - especially
companies. They frequently get questions like "so... how do I buy this,
anyway?" with people just refusing to take "just download it" for an
answer. "But then how do I prove I've bought it?".

So... there's a lot to be said for a small box with a CD in it and a
"getting started guide".

Craig Ringer