[Scribus] Improve rendering of fonts

Sjoerd Hiemstra shiems.scribusML
Fri May 23 20:55:47 CEST 2003

Ing. Jozef Sakalos wrote:
> I attach the snapshot of how the font looks in scribus compared to
> openoffice. Of course, font rendering doesn't depend on an
> application on my system - openoffice is used only by chance.
>
> The only exception is scribus - fonts look horrible on the page but
> they look perfect on font face selection menus.

If the page width is below about three quarters of the screen width
(adjusted either with View > some zoom factor, or with
Edit > Preferences > General > tab Display > Adjust Display size)
I see the same phenomenon.

On both KDE3 and Blackbox, SuSE 8.2.

However, the text displays fine if the zoom factor is larger than that.

SH