[Scribus] Improve rendering of fonts

Ing. Jozef Sakalos jsakalos
Sat May 24 01:09:14 CEST 2003

On Friday 23 May 2003 20:55, Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:
> Ing. Jozef Sakalos wrote:
> > I attach the snapshot of how the font looks in scribus compared
> > to openoffice. Of course, font rendering doesn't depend on an
> > application on my system - openoffice is used only by chance.
> >
> > The only exception is scribus - fonts look horrible on the page
> > but they look perfect on font face selection menus.
>
> If the page width is below about three quarters of the screen
> width (adjusted either with View > some zoom factor, or with
> Edit > Preferences > General > tab Display > Adjust Display size)
> I see the same phenomenon.
>
> On both KDE3 and Blackbox, SuSE 8.2.
>
> However, the text displays fine if the zoom factor is larger than
> that.
>
> SH
Hi Sjoerd,

now we are at the bottom of the problem. I adjusted the Display size
to 136% as then I had paper:display 1:1.

When I put it back to 100% and view is also "Actual size" the font
rendering is fine - like in other applications (KDE 3.1.2, SuSE
8.2).

The moment I adjust View or Display size fonts go astray.

It's definitely problem of Scribus not being able to render zoomed
fonts correctly.

I hope developers will solve it soon.

Thank you for valuable tip. I know now the problem is Scribus at
least.

Best regards,
Jozef