[Scribus] Compile problem with CVS / Debian sid

Linus Gasser ineiti
Wed May 14 17:17:26 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 17:13, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it's the first time I try to compile scribus ; here is what I'm using :
>
> - autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
> - automake (GNU automake) 1.7.4
>
> - libqt3c102-mt 3:3.1.1-8
> - libqt3c102 3:3.1.1-8
> - libqt3-mt-dev 3:3.1.1-8
>
> - Debian unstable (sid)
>

> And... make -f Makefile.dist gives :
>
> This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
> This will be deleted before making the distribution
>
> *** Creating acinclude.m4
> !!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set
> the environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
> *** Creating aclocal.m4
> *** Creating configure
> configure.in:78: error: AC_REQUIRE: cannot be used outside of an
> m4_defun'd macro
> configure.in:78: KDE_CHECK_EXTRA_LIBS is required by...
> configure.in:78: the top level
> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
> make[1]: *** [cvs] Erreur 1
> make: *** [all] Erreur 2
>

> What's wrong with my setup ?
>
> And, overall, thank you for this great work, I'll get rid of Quark soon,
> hopefully :)

Hi,
could you just send the output of

autoconf --version

while being in the scribus-directory please? I had some troubles on one
system, because an older autoconf version was also installed, and the
wrong one got called. Just to cancel out the most obvious...

Linus