[Scribus] more rendering screenshots

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Fri May 9 07:44:06 CEST 2003

Johannes Wilm wrote:
> First I changed the size to60 and then i started typing, so the line spacing
> worked as it should. I have understood that for some technical reason Franz
> is not interested in fixing the cut-off of all the letetrs in the text that
> is being edited:
>
> http://folk.uio.no/johannwi/scribus2.png
>

> And when I click somewhere else it does look fine:
>
> http://folk.uio.no/johannwi/scribus3.png
>
> However, if I change the text to "small caps", the cut-offs are partially
> appearing again:
>
> http://folk.uio.no/johannwi/scribus4.png
>
> And this time they don't go away at all!
>
> Also, the cut-off of the letters in the top measurement (in all three pics)
> looks somewhat weird.
These cut-offs are a Qt-related Problem, which has sometimes problems with
italic fonts. Are these cut-offs also displayed at 200% ?

Anyway they don't interfere the functionality of the App, they are a cosmetic
Problem. All Docs will print fine with correct letters. Scribus is optimized
for printing and not for looking excellent on screen.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid
correct.