[Scribus] bug and feature request

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef
Sun Mar 23 17:04:21 CET 2003

Hi guys,

I have a small feature request: when you have a picture, it would be nice
to be able to define an empty border around it, so the text doesn't come
too close to the picture. Now I have to work around that by first creating
an empty square bigger than the image I want, and then a image-square in
the empty square, but that's very clumsy when you have many pictures.

Now about the bug: when you have an image (gif) with transparency, the
image shows just fine in scribus (white or gray or blue background as
expected etc..) but when you create a pdf of this, the background of the
image is turned to black (the default I guess) and the image is inverted,
so it's not a pretty sight any more. So far the only solution is to edit
the image in gimp and make the background color the one I want,
eliminating transparency.

with friendly regards,

Franky