[Scribus] box background transparency

P Linnell plinnell
Fri Mar 21 20:58:33 CET 2003

On Friday 21 March 2003 10:02 am, PFJ wrote:
> > no, no, no. It's *not* about UI skin... I do appologise for my poor
> > language skills... let's take this one:
> > http://muvs99.muvs.cvut.cz/~subzero/sc/textbox_transparency_example.jpg
> >
> > base idea is shown in "see through" *scribus* textbox
>
> Now I understand - you mean a layered effect. I think that goes under
> requested feature. I certainly don't think it would be easy to
> implement.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

You mean something like this:
http://atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/pdfs/0.9.8.3.pdf

NOTE: This was a PDF created for testing bugs in Qt 3.1.1 and 0.9.8 cvs with
1.4 transparency effects enabled with GS 7.05. This was created within a
single layer. Go Edit > Preferences > General > Display > Check "Use PDF 1.4
Transparency Features"

You can layer text and native drawn graphics, but jpeg's and png's do not yet
have this capability, as far as I know.

I am going to test some eps files later on tonight.

HTH,

Peter