[Scribus] box background transparency

Gerhard Gaussling ggnewsletter
Sat Mar 22 11:06:42 CET 2003

Am Freitag, 21. M?rz 2003 20:54 schrieb P Linnell:
> You can layer text and native drawn graphics, but jpeg's and png's do
> not yet have this capability, as far as I know.

Hi Peter,

I just didn't spend any time on it, but just a suggestion:
Whats about to use the vector shape (in this case: the star) in the
background as cutting-mask for an image such as png, jpeg, eps or
whatever? Maybe it's possible to use sodipodi for preparation of an eps
with these qualities?

I use until jet rarely scribus 0.9.7, only for experiments. I rely on
adobe stuff until yet, but I hope the experiences made by the users of
this list will pushing me soon to try one of my new projects on
scribus.
This requires enough time to learn the programm, but its quite similar
to xpress 3.x and I can program my own shortcuts.

Thanks to the developers, particulary Frank Schmid to made an
alternative in DTP possible!

ciao

Gerhard

ps: I'm sorry for my poor english... ;)