[Scribus] box background transparency and antialiasing ...

Yves Ceccone yves
Sat Mar 22 10:58:32 CET 2003

Le Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:58:33 -0500
P Linnell <plinnell at attbi.com> a ?crit :

> You mean something like this:
> http://atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/pdfs/0.9.8.3.pdf
>
> NOTE: This was a PDF created for testing bugs in Qt 3.1.1 and 0.9.8
> cvs with 1.4 transparency effects enabled with GS 7.05. This was
> created within a single layer. Go Edit > Preferences > General >
> Display > Check "Use PDF 1.4 Transparency Features"
>
> You can layer text and native drawn graphics, but jpeg's and png's do
> not yet have this capability, as far as I know.
>
> I am going to test some eps files later on tonight.

Hello,

First sorry for my bad english ...,
and then it's also sometimes difficult to follow a discussion, but I
think there is some common points about this one and an article in work
(not yet linked) here :
http://www.yeccoe.org/docs/gS_font_trans/gS_font_trans.html

The problem I've and perhaps someone knows something  is about aliasing
always present even in tests I've made with Sketch and eps format ...
An other method is to use Gimp with a path : everything out of the path
is transparent ... for the moment this is the best method for a good
antialiasing (using hight resolution pictures ...).

@+

Yves

--
   http://www.yeccoe.org   ::- - - ->>>  Documentation linux