[Scribus] slow textbox on low resource system

Andreas Schalk andreasschalk
Wed Mar 19 08:59:24 CET 2003

Hi

I'm using Linux (Mandrake 8.1 with updates) on an
Pentium 200 / 96 MB RAM system.
Currently I've scribus 0.9.6 (precompiled Pack  from
rpmfind.net)installed.

When I've a textbox with more than ~10 lines, on every
mouse-action or while typing new text into the box,
tho whole text is rewritten again and again on the
screen.

This takes much time and makes it impossible for me to
create longer docs.

(There is no such problem with pictures or graphic
elements!)

Does Scribus render text on screen so much different
than other Apps. like StarOffice or AbiWord?

DO YOU KNOW KNOW ANY "SCREW TO DRIVE" ON MY SYSTEM TO
GET THIS PROBLEM SOLVED?

Or is just my system too slow for scribus? :-(

(You can also answer me in german.)
Andreas Schalk