[Scribus] Scribus Filename version:

Franz Schmid Franz.Schmid
Wed Mar 12 20:30:29 CET 2003

"Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando" <gorlando at futuretg.com> writes:
 >I note that the Scribus filename is: "scd" ... but this is the same extension used by the StarCalc.
 >Therefore, I propose that the author update this info to: "scr" as filename extension.
I'm following this thread now quite a while, and I think it's not really
nessecary to change the preset fileextension. You're always free to choose
a Name and Extension for your Files, since Scribus doesn't insists in a
particular Extension.

The second reason is that it's nowadays quite difficult to find a Extension
that isn't in use. No Wonder after 20 Years of use of 3 Letter Extensions.

A quick look on http://filext.com shows that the only sensable free Extension
would be .sla (sla = Scribus Layout). I would suggest that future Versions of
Scribus should use this Extension but also show the old one in the Fileselect
Dialogs.

Best Regards,
Franz Schmid