[Scribus] Scribus Filename version:

Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando gorlando
Wed Mar 12 20:55:16 CET 2003

Franz Schmid wrote:

> "Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando" <gorlando at futuretg.com> writes:
> >I note that the Scribus filename is: "scd" ... but this is the same
> extension used by the StarCalc.
> >Therefore, I propose that the author update this info to: "scr" as
> filename extension.
> I'm following this thread now quite a while, and I think it's not really
> nessecary to change the preset fileextension. You're always free to
> choose
> a Name and Extension for your Files, since Scribus doesn't insists in a
> particular Extension.
>
> The second reason is that it's nowadays quite difficult to find a
> Extension
> that isn't in use. No Wonder after 20 Years of use of 3 Letter
> Extensions.
>
> A quick look on http://filext.com shows that the only sensable free
> Extension
> would be .sla (sla = Scribus Layout). I would suggest that future
> Versions of
> Scribus should use this Extension but also show the old one in the
> Fileselect
> Dialogs.

Excellent.

Thanks,
Giovanni

> Best Regards,
> Franz Schmid

  Future Technologies, The TOTAL Linux Company!

   http://www.futuretg.com
   ftp://ftp.futuretg.com/
   mailto:gorlando at futuretg.com

   Italia:                          USA
   Via Cairoli, 1                   1620 26th Street - 3rd floor South Tower
   33170 - Pordenone (PN)           Santa Monica - CA

   Mobile:   +39 338 33 16 156.
   Telefono: +39 0434 - 209 107.
   Fax:      +39 0434 - 209 510.

http://www.FTLinuxCourse.com -  The best training product ever made!