[Scribus] Red Hat Linux 9

Magic Page magicpage91
Wed Jun 11 22:57:53 CEST 2003

Sjoerd Hiemstra wrote:

>Paul wrote:
>

>>tar -zxf scribus.tar.gz
>>cd scribus
>>./configure
>>make
>>su
>>make install
>>

>Although I've been running Linux for a few years now, there's one thing
>I never quite understood.
>Suppose I install Scribus this way, is it necessary to delete anything
>of the previous install?  If I install ten subsequent versions of
>Scribus this way, will I end up having a terrible mess, or is it OK??
>
>Yes I do have checkinstall, so I can uninstall Scribus before installing
>a new version.  But I wonder if this makes any sense...?
>
>S.H.

Sjoerd,
Either way you want to accomplish your new install/compile, the new
will overwrite/remove the old before installing if it finds files in those
locations.  No need to remove the old beforehand, unless you just want
something extra to do, while waiting for the new compile!  :)

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---
        Registered Linux User #225206