[Scribus] Red Hat Linux 9

Magic Page magicpage91
Wed Jun 11 03:35:34 CEST 2003

Michael Hopcroft wrote:

>	Could someone tell me how to download and install Scribus in Red Hat
>Linux 9? I want this software but so far I haven't been able to install
>any programs beyond what came with the distro. I just can;t seem to
>figure out how to get the stuff that i download to my home/username
>folder into my system as a working program.
>
>	Michael Hopcroft
>	Seraphim guard -- the Game is far from Up!
>	http://www.seraphimguard.com

=================
Michael,
If you have just downloaded the iso images to burn to cds from a Red Hat
mirror,
you may not have gotten all the files you need to compile from source
as Scirbus needs.  I know in SuSE 8.2, we were provided a rpm of Scribus
0.9.7 on the discs, but using the CVS or provided tar balls from Scribus'
site will require you to compile and devel files are needed for that.
Those
will be the files not included with your downloaded version.  Red Hat
doesn't
want to give it all away, they need money too, in order to continue to
operate!

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---