[Scribus] Red Hat Linux 9

Paul paulf.johnson
Wed Jun 11 21:33:26 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Suppose I install Scribus this way, is it necessary to delete anything
> of the previous install?  If I install ten subsequent versions of
> Scribus this way, will I end up having a terrible mess, or is it OK??

It should be okay. Most of the time when you install, the older version
of a library is erased with the newer one. It can end up a mess, yes,
but only if the make script doesn't check for previous version and then
wipe it.

> Yes I do have checkinstall, so I can uninstall Scribus before installing
> a new version.  But I wonder if this makes any sense...?

checkinstall is fine to use.

TTFN

Paul

--
The world is throwing away oppressive regimes
Which don't allow people to choose.