[Scribus] Red Hat Linux 9

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Jun 11 04:20:29 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 14:32, Michael Hopcroft wrote:
> 	Could someone tell me how to download and install Scribus in Red Hat
> Linux 9? I want this software but so far I haven't been able to install
> any programs beyond what came with the distro. I just can;t seem to
> figure out how to get the stuff that i download to my home/username
> folder into my system as a working program.
>
> 	Michael Hopcroft
> 	Seraphim guard -- the Game is far from Up!
> 	http://www.seraphimguard.com
>
> P.S. Are there any German-language RPG publishers on the list, also
> fluent in English, who are looking for American RPGs to license and
> translate?

There is a fairly complete detailed set of instructions for compiling
Scribus here:
http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/compile.html

I used RH 7.3 for composing the article, but the package names are the
very similar.

There are also rpms here:
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/RPMS.stable/

for RH 9. I have looked over the spec files and they are very close to
what I cooked up on my own.

Hope that helps,
Peter