[Scribus] Crash with scribus 1.0

David Rodríguez García darodgar
Thu Jul 31 00:50:44 CEST 2003

El Mi? 30 Jul 2003 22:05, Paul escribi?:
> Hi,
>
> > As before, when scribus segfault, the system remain in a state where a
> > new instance of scribus crash faster. After reboot, the state becomes
> > normal.
> >
> > Making a text box, typing text fastly (more than redraw, making it slow),
> > and then cut text with contextual menu several times, generaly become in
> > a segfault in Page::EmitValues.
> > Making it in a remote X session, makes the segfault become easier.
>
> Can you run Scribus from a terminal window and after the segfault,
> attempt to run it through gdb or ddd (or any other debugger) to see
> where the segfault is occuring. My laptop is back so I can do a trace
> from here.
>
> Is it possible for you to privately email the offending file to me? I'd
> like to see if I can reproduce the fault.
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul
Hi,

I have run scribus through gdb, and always the segfault was the same:

#0  0x081befe7 in Page::EmitValues(PageItem*) ()
#1  0x081a4f7d in Page::mouseReleaseEvent(QMouseEvent*) ()
#2  0x083b357a in QWidget::event(QEvent*) ()
#3  0x0834b21f in QApplication::internalNotify(QObject*, QEvent*) ()
#4  0x0834ab2a in QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) ()
#5  0x08317db9 in QETWidget::translateMouseEvent(_XEvent const*) ()
#6  0x08315ba3 in QApplication::x11ProcessEvent(_XEvent*) ()
#7  0x085acb75 in QEventLoop::processEvents(unsigned) ()
#8  0x0835a1c7 in QEventLoop::enterLoop() ()
#9  0x0835a0a0 in QEventLoop::exec() ()
#10 0x0834b3c7 in QApplication::exec() ()
#11 0x0830c152 in main ()
#12 0x4057ea51 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6

It only occur when cut from the mouse right buttom menu. The cut from the edit
menu never crashed me.
Not only my  offending document make segfaults.
I have made a test. I have created a new document. A text box. Insert text
from a txt document. And cut several times. No segfault.
After that, I have made a new document with a text box, and typed garbage
text. Cuting parts of that text make scribus segfault. Sometimes at first
try, others later. As before, after that segfault, making the first test
(inserting a txt), makes scribus segfault after several tries of cutting
text.
Anexed was the garbage document that makes my scribus crash. I have loaded it
after a reboot, and it directly crashed scribus after 2 cuts.

I have tested the document in two computers. In a fast computer (P4 2.4Ghz vs
P2 300Mhz), is much more difficult to make scribus segfault. I have needed
always to cut 6 parts of text or more. But I always been able to make scribus
crash.

P.D: The document uses luxi font, but in the other computer I don't have that
font, and substituted it with others without affecting segfaults.

Ciao
--
David Rodr?guez Garc?a