[Scribus] let's resume...

Paul paulf.johnson
Wed Jul 30 00:32:37 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > Yup. A well deserved holiday. Peter is on his hols and I'm off from the
> > end of this week (yippee!!!)
>
> aaagrh! why not me! :)

You've not bought us enough of your wonderful Czeck beer? ;-)

> > Current planned plugins : html export (partially done), Acorn DDF &
> > Acorn Draw importer (part done), html import (possible). IIRC, Franz did
> > start on a PDF importer, so that may even be resurrected. A few days
> > back, someone was asking for the PageMaker format, so that too is
> > possible.
>
> Oh, some docs or howto could be very helpfull.

Howto's and documentation for the app are down to Peter. For the code,
just ask and Franz and I will try to explain.

> Try to understand me - I
> would like to help but I don't like the useless work. And I'm taking the
> "SW re-engeneering" as this one :)

Prior to the laptop going ga-ga, I had the main binary to around 1.9Mb
and running slightly more efficiently and that was down to pruning of
redundant code and optimising what we had. The main challenge will be
the font code.

> Maybe - and I think it should be fine - some SW management could be the
> result...
> ...oops - I said "management" right now... time for bed :)))

I think the software is managed fine at the moment. If Franz, Peter and
myself worked together in the same building (and not separated by the
English Channel + a country or so / the Atlantic and quite a few
states), then the normal software management could happen. With any form
of GPL package though, there can be many hundreds of miles between the
developers so really, it's a case of us talking via email and getting on
with what we said we would do, then each other checking the code (for
instance, the latest version of the plugin system had about 6 checks
performed on it with quite a few changes prior to release). By Franz
checking my code and me checking his, the result is a supremely stable
package.

TTFN

Paul

--