[Scribus] Crash with scribus 1.0

Patrick magicpage91
Mon Jul 28 22:23:52 CEST 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:13:36 +0200
David Rodr?guez Garc?a <darodgar at ono.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> More info about my crash.
> Only crash with de cut of the contextual menu (right mouse button).
> After crash with my document, scribus always crash cutting with the
> contextual menu. With new document or whatever.
> After rebooting the system, new documents work as spected, but opening
> my document, scribus crashed, and as before, all other documents.
>
> I think there is a problem exposed by my document, but there is more
> problems. Why runnig a new scribus, it maintain an state that make it
> crash?. It only occur after the crash with the problematic document. A
> reboot clean the state.
> Is it a problem with the Qt?
>
> I hope it can help solving that problem.
>
> Ciao
>
> --
> David Rodr?guez Garc?a

====================

hi David,
Did you create this document or did it come from some other source?  I
ask, because you mention that your KDE and QT3 are compiled with gcc
2.95, where, as far as I know, all others are compiled with 3.x version
of gcc.  I can't be sure that this could cause your problem, just a
thought that there could be an incompatibility there.

If the document was created by you, then I still go back to the gcc
version, if indeed you have compiled them with 2.95 for as far as I
know, all new stuff is done with 3.x.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---