[Scribus] Re: Scribus and OpenOffice Canvas Project

Paul paulf.johnson
Wed Jul 23 23:02:22 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Conceivably OpenOffice and Scribus could collaborate - if not on the
> actual canvas code, then at least on a good open-source DTP pipeline
> from OO Writer to Scribus, or some variation, such as a Scribus
> "plugin" for OpenOffice or a bidirectional XML transformation format.

At the Network Industry Awards, I got into quite a good discussion with
the OOo crowd who had been amazed at how good Scribus was and the speed
of development. The conversation went so far as to say that OOo would
love Scribus to be able to *almost* an integral part of the OOo setup.

As soon as my laptop gets back, I'll crack on with the Quark and OOo
importers (as well as the partial re-writes for the 1.1 release). I'm
optomistic that there will be something fun to show at Olympia this
year...

TTFN

Paul

--