[Scribus] Mandrake and Linux Qt

Tom Jakabfy tjakabfy
Thu Jul 10 14:00:21 CEST 2003

Thanks for the advice on Qt. I will download the tarball and recompile Qt for
Mandrake 9.1

I can't imagine why there would be a faulty Qt for Slackware and Mandrake...
but I am not totally surprized.

Stangely enough, my intent was to move to SUSE 8.1 which I now have but the
Mandrake installer (although it says it has an EXIT) is unstoppable once
started. Linux Forum magazine LXF41 says you can use Mandrake 9.1 just to
partition your hard drive and then install SUSE for example... well they were
wrong.

My dial-up says that the 12 Meg Qt tarball will take over 2 hours... argh!
But it will be worth it.
Tom