[Scribus] bus error starting scribus

Ralf Höling r.hoeling
Sat Jul 5 14:42:23 CEST 2003

Hi Paul!
Am Samstag, 05.07.03 um 14:26 Uhr schrieb Paul:

>> much better, isn't it?
>
> Well, it does show something up ;-p
>
> Okay, let's try this slightly differently.
>
> 1. Find where the header files are for Qt (echo $QTDIR should show it -
> if it shows nothing, do what I say in (3))

ralf# echo $QTDIR
/usr/local/qt

> 2. Use on the command line
>
> g++ /Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp -o hello -O2 -I$QTDIR/include -lqt

  ralf# g++ /Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp -o hello -O2 -I$QTDIR/include -lqt
ld: can't locate file for: -lqt

:-(
First I installed qt via fink, after I get the error message with
scribus
someone told me to install the original trolltech version of qt, but I'm
not very happy with this, because I think while compiling it did'nt find
all the stuff installed via fink in /sw. but now I don't know how to
get rid
of qt in /usr/local/qt so that I can again install qt via fink.

> 3. Your machine doesn't know where Qt is. I know this works under
> Linux,
> so something similar will work under OSX. You need to find where Qt is
> (for arguments sake, say it's in /Users/ralf/Qt - it won't be, but it
> is
> for demonstration purposes). Under linux, there is a file in /etc
> called
> bashrc -

in OSX I use tcsh
Is it possible to uninstall qt from /usr/local/qt and reinstall it in
/sw/qt?

thank you very much!

Ralf