[Scribus] bus error starting scribus

Paul paulf.johnson
Sat Jul 5 16:31:35 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > 1. Find where the header files are for Qt (echo $QTDIR should show it -
> > if it shows nothing, do what I say in (3))
>
> ralf# echo $QTDIR
> /usr/local/qt

Good, it exists ;-p

>   ralf# g++ /Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp -o hello -O2 -I$QTDIR/include -lqt
> ld: can't locate file for: -lqt
>
> :-(

Not a problem. Try running ldconfig (that should pick it up) or on the
command line

g++ /Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp -o hello -O2 -I$QTDIR/include
-L$QTDIR/lib -lqt

If that doesn't pick it up, I'm not sure what will!

> First I installed qt via fink, after I get the error message with
> scribus
> someone told me to install the original trolltech version of qt, but I'm
> not very happy with this, because I think while compiling it did'nt find
> all the stuff installed via fink in /sw. but now I don't know how to
> get rid
> of qt in /usr/local/qt so that I can again install qt via fink.

rm -rf /usr/local/qt (logged in as admin)

> > for demonstration purposes). Under linux, there is a file in /etc
> > called
> > bashrc -
>
> in OSX I use tcsh

There will be a file called something like /etc/tschrc then.

> Is it possible to uninstall qt from /usr/local/qt and reinstall it in
> /sw/qt?

mv /usr/local/qt /sw should do it, but then you will need to reset where
$QTDIR points.

TTFN

Paul

--
The world is throwing away oppressive regimes
Which don't allow people to choose.